Gulf Breeze Will Do, a women’s philanthropic group, awarded more than $35,000 in grants at its annual meeting on November 14, 2021.
Gulf Breeze Will Do (GBWD) was born out of a group of Gulf Breeze women who formed an organization that could serve as a funding tool to help other nonprofit organizations and individuals who are trying to make a difference in the Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach communities.
Grant funding at GBWD is provided by collective annual membership dues, of which 100 percent is distributed back to the community. Every member has a vote on which organizations receive grant funding.
This year’s grant recipients include:
Gulf Breeze Community Preschool (a division of Santa Rosa County Schools)
• A $10,000 grant will be used to purchase playground equipment, including shipping.
• A $5,801 grant will be used to purchase a stage, tool shed, flowers, vegetables and supplies to create an outdoor garden.
Gulf Breeze Senior Center
• A $2,332 grant will be used to purchase sixteen resin chairs and portable bocce ball court.
Gulf Breeze Elementary School
• An $8,566 grant will be used towards the purchase installation of a 24' x 24' paver area and landscaping plants.
Midway Fire Department
• An $8,566 grant will be used towards purchase a fire extinguisher training system.
The 2022 Membership Drive is currently underway. Annual dues are $250 per person and membership is open to women 18 years of age or older. To join, visit www.gulfbreezewilldo.org.